What is the MAP Farmhouse?
Massachusetts Avenue Project’s new Farmhouse will provide food-based education, resources and volunteer opportunities to Buffalo residents, schools, community gardeners and organizations.
Located at 389 Massachusetts Avenue on Buffalo’s West Side, the Farmhouse will provide:
- On-site support for our urban farm, aquaponics system and greenhouses;
- Employment, training and leadership opportunities for youth;
- Increased access for city residents to healthy, local grown food;
- A state-of-the art commercial teaching kitchen; and
- Teaching and learning space for the >5,000 urban farm visitors and volunteers we host each year.
Buffalo has one of the highest rates of households reporting food hardship in New York State and an alarming number of our city residents rely on processed food from convenience stores to feed their families. The Farmhouse will increase our capacity to provide training and resources to youth and residents so they can grow, prepare and preserve food for themselves and their families. It will provide needed space for program activities related to creating healthier and food-secure communities.
Our generous donors include: