The Farm to School program is hosting it’s first-ever CHEF CHALLENGE to develop new menu ideas for the program’s Harvest of the Month initiative. Please plan on joining us Tuesday at 4:00 PM, at Southside Elementary at 430 Southside Pkwy, Buffalo, NY 14210.
Admission to the CHEF CHALLENGE is free and open to parents, staff and students of Buffalo Public Schools, and 100 public tickets have been set aside for non-BPS families and community members!
If you are a parent, staff or student of a Buffalo Public School there is no need to reserve tickets, but non-BPS families and community, should reserve tickets at: http://bit.ly/2d4cbfD.
In the Buffalo Farm to School CHEF CHALLENGE four local chefs and area students will compete to see who can make the best school meal. Each event attendee will be served a Harvest of the Month dinner and also be able to sample dishes made by each chef team.
Participating Chefs include:
- Bobby Anderson – F Bites
- Clyde Clemmons – The Fire Spot
- Jim Guarino – Oshun and Shango
- Ross Warhol – Oliver’s
- Chef Steven Binks, an entrepreneur and Buffalo’s celebrity Chef
- Caleb Graham, senior at BPS #198, HYPE member, and community food advocate
- Dr. Barbara Seals Nevergold, President and At-Large-Member of the Buffalo Board of Education
- Daniel Oles, farmer from Promised Land CSA
- Yourlisa Stinson, BPS Food Service Pre-Pack Leader at Early Childhood Center #82
- Thurman Thomas former running back for the Buffalo Bills
If you have questions about the Chef Challenge or admission, contact Rebekah Williams by email at Rebekah@mass-ave.org or by phone at (716) 882-5327 x6.