We are excited to inform you that Farm-to-School is happening in Buffalo and we’d like you to get involved! Come out to learn about the initiative and find out how you can get involved.
On Tuesday, February 24th, everyone is invited to a BPS Farm-to-School Public Info Session. The info session will take place at Public School #99 Stanley M. Makowski, from 5:00 PM to 7:30 PM (see below for travel and parking information). A light buffet-style dinner and refreshments will be served starting at 5:00 PM, and the program will start soon after.
To help us plan for numbers, register at: http://bit.ly/1KoJiPe by Monday, February 23rd, 2015.
We hope that all interested people come out… BPS Board Members, Food Service Managers, parents, students, teachers, school staff, farmers, and food processors. We hope to see EVERYONE at this exciting event!
Public School #99 Stanley M. Makowski, Early Childhood Center, is located at 1095 Jefferson Avenue, Buffalo, NY 14208:
- For google map directions to the school, visit: http://bit.ly/1M2tDZn.
- For parking, there is entry to the school’s parking lot off of Best Street.
- Bus routes to the school include #22 Porter-Best (http://bit.ly/1zwJgmI) and #18 Jefferson (http://bit.ly/1KD0v7M).
A little background…
In April of 2014, a partnership of Buffalo agencies and non-profit organizations worked together to write and submit a proposal for a United States Department of Agriculture Farm-to-School Planning Grant to create an implementation plan for how to bring more local, farm-fresh food to Buffalo Public Schools. In December of 2014, the partnership received the grant!
Buffalo’s Farm-to-School partnership includes:
- The Buffalo Public Schools Food Service Department;
- Cornell Cooperative Extension of Erie County;
- Massachusetts Avenue Project; and
- Buffalo Niagara Medical Campus
We hope to see you on February 24th, and looking forward to planning for a future with more farm-fresh food in schools in Buffalo!